Pills and Skills Recovery with Dr. Chris Maria
Dealing with a Relative Who Drinks Too Much During the Holidays
December 10, 2021
Dr. Chris Maria
In today's show I talk about ways to deals with a relative who drinks too much during the holidays. Some suggestions are:
- Acknowledge your feeling and how their drinking makes you feel.
- Start a Conversation using "I Feel" Statement . . .I feel frustrated or embarrassed when you . . . I want you to . . .
- Manage Holidays and Celebrations - You have a right to choose not to invite a relative who becomes disruptive when they are drinking.
- Protect Others - especially children
- Decline Drinking Together and
- Seek Help
Listen to learn more. Support the show